If you love Aldi and you're following an autoimmune protocol diet, print this Aldi AIP shopping list before you head to your local store! A lot of people love Aldi's for AIP, Paleo, and Whole30 shopping and I can see why. It's definitely a great place to find organic produce, grass-fed meats, and common pantry staples for low prices.
For most products, it'll be the best price you'll find compared to the big health food stores. This makes it such a great option for AIPers working within a limited budget. Plus, there are so many delicious recipes you can make from a trip to Aldi.
Following an AIP diet can help to alleviate the symptoms of autoimmune disease but it can be challenging at first. If you're new to AIP, check out my Beginner's Guide to the Autoimmune Protocol to learn more about it.
I'm working on creating a specific list for each of several major stores. Depending on your local grocery stores, you may also want to check out my Whole Foods AIP shopping list, Trader Joe's AIP shopping list, Walmart AIP Shopping List, Kroger AIP Shopping List, Sam's Club Shopping List, Costco AIP Shopping List, Meijer AIP Shopping List, Safeway AIP Shopping List, and Sprouts AIP shopping list.
- Organic Arugula/Spinach Mix (clamshell)- Use this to make a Roasted Cauliflower Arugula Salad.
- Organic Baby Spinach (clamshell)
- Organic Spring Mix (clamshell)
- Organic Chopped Kale
- Organic Carrots
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Organic Mini Cucumbers
- Boston Lettuce
- Brussels Sprouts
- Asparagus Spears
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Sweet Potatoes
- Spaghetti Squash
- Whole Peeled Garlic Cloves
- Pineapple Spears (clamshell)
- Mango Slices (clamshell)
- Organic Avocados (netted bag)
- Gala Apples
- Pink Lady Apples
- Whole Pineapples
- Organic Blueberries
- Organic Strawberries
- Organic Blueberries
- Organic Strawberries
- Berry Medley
- Cherry Berry Blend
- Pineapple Chunks
- Tropical Blend
- California Medley Vegetables (steamable bag)
- Organic Cubed Butternut Squash
- Organic Chopped Spinach
- Organic Broccoli Florets
- Asparagus Spears (microwave steamable bag)
- Brussels Sprouts (steamable)
- Cauliflower Rice
- Beef Burger Patties
- Jumbo Scallops
- Wild-Caught Alaskan Cod (Fremont)
- Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon (Northern Catch, Fremont)
- Raw or Cooked Shrimp- Various Sizes
- Cornish Game Hens
- Peppermint Tea
- Green Tea
- German Style Sauerkraut (Deutsche Kuche)
- Coconut Flour (Simply Nature)- I use coconut flour in my Key Lime Energy Balls and Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins.
- Baking Soda
- Organic Coconut Oil (Simply Nature)
- 100% Pure Avocado Oil (Simply Nature)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Sicilian or Simply Nature brand
- Coconut Oil Spray (Simply Nature)
- Various Dried Herbs- Garlic Powder, Cinnamon, Ginger, Oregano, Turmeric. Check labels to make sure there are no added preservatives
- Pink or White Sea Salt- Grinder
- Raw Honey
- Organic Wildflower Honey (Simply Nature)
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar- Try this in recipes like Warm Kale Salad with Apples and AIP Pulled Pork.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract- contains alcohol which is fine if you’ll be baking with it because the alcohol will cook off.
- California Raisins- They have some other dried fruits but most of them had added sugars and non-compliant oils. Always double-check labels.
- GT Synergy Kombucha- Trilogy, Cosmic Cranberry, Gingerberry, Gingerade
- Smoked Salmon- check labels
- Turkey Lunch Meat (Simply Nature)
- Chicken Sausage with Spinach (Simply Nature)- *Note, this is a stage 1 reintro as it contains black pepper.
- Ground Turkey- Use this to make Ground Turkey Stroganoff, Meal Prep Ground Turkey, and Creamy Turkey Soup.
- Free-Range Organic Whole Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- Split Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Thighs
- Whole Chicken
- Organic Chicken Breasts (Simply Nature)- These can be used to make Easy Chicken Florentine, Lemon Chicken Picatta, or Nightshade-Free Green Enchilada Soup.
- Beef Patties
- Lean Ground Beef
- Boneless Beef Country Style Ribs
- Black Angus Strip Steak
- Organic Ground Beef (Simply Nature)
- Cedar Plank Salmon- Plain
- Pork Chops
- Pork Loin
- Pork Ribs
- Ground Pork (Never Any brand)- Use this to make Instant Pot Eggroll in a Bowl, a super easy dinner meal.
- Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon (Never Any brand)
- Ground Lamb
I hope you love the Aldi AIP shopping list! If you have something to add, please leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @foodcourage for the latest AIP/Paleo recipes, autoimmune nutrition info, and Food Courage happenings!