If you're looking for a Sprouts AIP shopping list, it's here! If you're doing an AIP diet or Paleo diet, you know how much it helps to have a food list to go by. That being said, each grocery store offers slightly different things. Thus, I've started making store-specific paleo autoimmune protocol shopping lists. These lists mainly include elimination phase compliant foods only. You may see the occasional stage 1 reintroduction, but it will be noted.
If you missed my Trader Joe's AIP Shopping List, Whole Foods AIP Shopping List, Kroger AIP Shopping List, Walmart AIP Shopping List, Aldi AIP Shopping List, Sam's Club Shopping List, Meijer AIP Shopping List, Safeway AIP Shopping List, and Costco AIP Shopping List, definitely check them out.
My AIP Pantry Items post may be of use too, especially if you're new to AIP and still figuring out what certain products are used for.
I visited two Sprouts Farmers Market stores while making the list and honestly, it probably is still just scratching the surface of AIP foods offered by Sprouts. They're amazing. I used to shop at Sprouts all the time when I lived in Colorado but now that I'm in Tennessee, I'm about 40 minutes away from the nearest one. So, I don't go very often now- this was a treat!
As you know, AIP is focused on getting high-quality nutrients from whole foods including grass-fed meats, organ meats, fresh fruits, organic vegetables, healthy fats, etc. To read more about the specifics of the AIP diet, check out my Beginner's Guide to the Autoimmune Protocol Diet (which has a full list of foods) and my 7-Day AIP Meal Plan. Sprouts is a great place to get nutrient-dense foods for good prices. Their organic produce selection is super impressive.
While going through the list, I tried to link to some product sites here and there. That way, you can get a good visual and look at ingredient labels for anything I haven't pictured in the post. A few are affiliate links but most are not.
**Just a quick heads up- this post contains affiliate links which means if you click on them and buy something, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) to help continue maintaining this site.
Vegetables and Herbs
- Baby Bok Choy
- Bako Organic Sweet Potatoes in a Steam Bag- green and clear bag
- Broccolini/ Broccolette
- Cauliflower Rice
- Celeriac/Celery Root
- Cubed Butternut Squash
- Cubed Sweet Potatoes
- Earthbound Farm Organic Broccoli Slaw
- Fresh Herbs
- Frieda's Organic Turmeric- 6 oz bag
- Jicama Sticks
- Micro Arugula
- Micro Broccoli
- Micro Cilantro
- Micro Radish Mix
- Napa Cabbage
- Organic Easter Egg Radishes- multicolored
- Orange Cauliflower
- Organic Arugula
- Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms- Use these for Philly Cheesesteak Skillet or Chicken Marsala.
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Organic Beets
- Organic Gold Beets
- Organic Lacinato Kale- Try this in AIP Irish Colcannon, Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad, or Warm Kale Salad with Apples
- Organic Lemongrass
- Organic Oyster Mushrooms
- Organic Peeled and Steamed Red Beets (refrigerated)
- Organic Romaine Lettuce- Romain Hearts
- Organic Shredded Kale
- Organic Sweet Onions- 2lb bag
- Persian Cucumbers
- Purple Cauliflower
- Purple Sweet Potatoes- Use these to make my Purple Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl.
- Rainbow Carrots
- Season& Steam Brussels Sprout halves- just contains brussels sprouts, produce section
- Sprouts Organic Super Greens Mix
- Sunset Qukes- Teeny Tiny Cucumbers
- Vidalia Onions- 3 lb bag
- White Sweet Potatoes
- Whole Garlic Cloves in a bag
- Whole Jicama
- Yuca Root- This is a fantastic mashed potato substitute but I know a lot of people have trouble finding it. I use it in my AIP Bierocks and Colcannon recipes.
Fruit and Coconut
- Dragon Fruit
- Organic Papaya
- Organic Peaches
- Whole Coconut (with shell)
- Young Coconut (shell removed)
- GT Synergy Kombucha- GT's Synergy is AIP compliant because it uses kiwi juice and fruit purees instead of sugar. A few compliant flavors include Trilogy, Gingerade, Guava Goddess, Cosmic Cranberry, Gingerberry, Mystic Mango, and Golden Pineapple.
- Bolthouse Farms 100% Carrot Juice (52 oz)
- Evolution Fresh Mighty Watermelon Juice- YUM!!
- Evolution Fresh Organic Defense Up- Pineapple, Mango, apple, acerola cherry
- Evolution Fresh Organic Essential Greens Juice
- Harmless Harvest Organic Coconut Water- refrigerated
- Healthy Roots Deep Clean Cold Pressed Juice- Pineapple, cucumber, spinach, lime, kale
- Healthy Roots Heart Beet Cold-Pressed Juice- Contains pineapple, carrot, lime, beet
- Healthy Roots Immunity Cold Pressed Juice- pineapple juice, orange juice, carrot juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, turmeric juice.
- Pom Wonderful Juice 48 oz
- Smoothie Genius Just Coconut Drink
- Sol-Ti Organic Dragon Fruit Superade- Wow
- Sprouts Market Corner Green Power Juice- apple juice cucumber juice, kale juice, spinach juice, lemon juice.
- Suja Organic Cold-Pressed Uber Greens Juice
Lot's of choices for Coconut Yogurt!
- Cocojune Coconut Yogurt (Pure Coconut flavor)- White and blue container. Come in single-serve and huge multi-serving containers.
- Cocoyo Coconut Yogurt- Pure flavor only (teal label). The other flavors have stevia.
- Culina Coconut Yogurt- Plain and Simple, Blueberry Lavender, Mango Orange Blossom, and Strawberry Rose flavors are compliant. Check labels as some have almond extract, which is not compliant. *The strawberry rose has rose oil- I haven't found anything that says it's not AIP compliant. Same goes for the orange blossom oil and lavender oil in the other flavors. I believe these are fine for AIP. However, if you know something otherwise, please let me know.
- Harmless Harvest Unsweetened Plain Coconut Yogurt- Comes in single-serve and 24 oz container. **NOTE: It needs to be specifically unsweetened plain. There is one that just says "plain" and this one is NOT compliant as it contains cane sugar.
- Cleveland Kraut- Beet Red- Refrigerated section near the hummus.
- Sinto Gourmet Kimchi- Mild Napa Cabbage Kimchi(14oz): Napa Cabbage, Water, Organic Apple Juice, Carrot, Yellow Onion, Radish, Sea Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Kelp Powder
- Wild Brine Green Organic Kraut
- Organic Coconut Chunks- Fridge
- True Story Uncured Black Forrest Ham Lunchmeat
- Volpi Prosciutto
- Atlantic Sea Farms Ready Cut Kelp Noodles
- Organic Frozen Asparagus Spears
- Organic Frozen Zucchini Slices
- Woodstock Organic Shitake Mushrooms
Stahlbush Island Farms Frozen Veggies (all are organic):
- Broccoli Florets
- Butternut Squash
- Cauliflower Florets
- Colorful Sweet Potato Cubes
- Cool Cauliflower- multi-colored
- Golden Beets
- Multi-Colored Sliced Carrots
- Sliced Red Beets
- Sweet Potato Cubes
Sprouts Frozen Veggies:
- Organic Asparagus Spears
- Organic Butternut Squash Cubes
- Organic Cauliflower Florets
- Organic Chopped Kale
- Organic Riced Broccoli
- Organic Riced Cauliflower
Wymans Frozen Fruits:
- Berry Banana
- Cherry Berry and Kale
- Mango Berry
- Mango Chunks
- Triple Berry
- Wild Blueberry
Sprouts Frozen Fruits:
- Berry Medley
- Mango Chunks
- Atlantic Sea Farms Kelp Cubes (Add them to smoothies)- Original (just kelp) or Wild Blueberry and Ginger
- Organic Sliced Bananas- Yessss. I know you can make your own but this is sooo convenient. I don't know why it's hard to find frozen sliced bananas elsewhere.
- Pitaya Foods Smoothie Packs: Dragon Fruit, Passion Fruit
- Pomegranate Arils (whoa!)
Other Frozen Foods:
- Angus Bubba Burgers- Freezer
- Durham Ranch Wygu and Bison Beef Patties- Freezer. I didn't see an actual ingredient label on these. I even looked online after the fact and it's just a nutrition label. So, I'm assuming they contain the meat only. Double-check when you see them though.
- Frozen Bags of Bone Broth- Bonafide Brand Beef and Chicken. I did not personally see these when I went but maybe I just missed them. Others report finding these at Sprouts.
- Siete Cassava Tortillas- Burrito Size in the teal bag is the only compliant one.
- Wild Caught Scallops
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Bragg, Sprouts brand
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cranberry Apple Cider Vinegar- Bragg
- Red Wine Vinegar- Pompeian
- White Wine Vinegar
- Avocado Oil Spray- Primal Kitchen, Chosen Foods, or Sprouts Brand
- California Olive Ranch Avocado Oil Blend
- Avocado Oil- Nutiva, Primal Kitchen, and others
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- various brands
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray- California Olive Ranch
- Nutiva Coconut Manna
- Nutiva Coconut Oil
- Nutiva Palm Shortening
- Epic Duck Fat
- Epic Pork Tallow
- Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Butter
- SapJack Organic Maple Butter
- BHU Tigernut Butter- I hear this is a new compliant item Sprouts has added- I couldn't easily find the ingredients online-please double check the ingredient label when you buy.
- Coconut Cream- Native Forest is compliant (green and white label). Sprouts brand is not compliant.
- Organic Coconut Milk- Native Forest is compliant (green and white label- make sure it says "no guar"). *Note that Sprouts brand has guar gum so it's not compliant. Also, some of the Native Forest coconut milk/cream products do contain guar gum so pay attention. The ones without it, say "no guar" on the front of the can.
- Organic Coconut Milk with Turmeric- Native Forest Brand
- Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Organic Raw honey- so delicious! Several to choose from.
- Sprouts Organic Maple Syrup
- D'Vash Organic Date Nectar
- Big Tree Farms Organic Coconut Sugar
- Big Tree Farms Organic Vanilla Coconut Sugar- made with vanilla beans- yum!
- Organic Coconut Flour- Arrowhead Mill's, Bob's Red Mill, Sprout's brand
- Tapioca Flour/Tapioca Starch- Arrowhead Mills, Bob's Red Mill, and others
- AIP Paleo Powder Seasoning
- Cassava Flour- Pamela's (light blue bag), Otto's
- Pamela's Organic Tigernut Flour- Red bag
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Bob's Red Mill Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Bob's Redmill Arrowroot Starch
- Carob Powder
- Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- Sprouts Vanilla Beans
- Sprouts Baking Soda
- Organic Bulk Herbs and Spices
Native Forest Coconut milk and cream have varieties with and without guar gum. Pay close attention to labels! The ones with no guar say it right on the front of the can.
- Avocado Powder- Contains just avocado. Good for smoothies, toast, and guac
- Beet Root Powder- Carrington Farms
- Organic Turmeric Powder- Navitas
- Coconut Aminos
- Red Boat Fish Sauce
- Collagen Powder- Sprouts Unflavored Grass-Fed, Vital Proteins Unflavored, Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Unflavored
- Navitas Organic Elderberry Powder
- Navitas Organic Matcha Powder
- Organic Acai Powder- Navitas
- Crown Prince Anchovy Paste
- Crown Prince Wild Caught Boneless Skinless Sardines in Olive Oil
- Wild Planet Canned Anchovies
- Wild Planet Canned Sardines
- Henry and Lisa's Wild Caught Canned Pink Salmon (purple box)
- Epic Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon Bits
- GimMe Organic Sushi Nori Seaweed Sheets
- Nourish Fond Delight Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- Solely Dehydrated Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- Sweet Potato Flour Noodles/Glass Noodles
- Jovial Cassava Pasta- I didn't see this at my store(s) but some stores definitely carry it according to Jovial's product locator.
- Sprouts Black Olives
- Sprouts Green Olives
- Herbal Teas and Organic Bulk Teas- tons of options
Note about juices- Go easy on juice (if you drink them at all) and try to favor whole fruits when possible. Fruit juices should be limited due to their high sugar content and fructose intake should be kept under 40 grams per day (although 20 grams is considered optimal) during the elimination phase. Read more on this here.
- Organic Lemon Juice
- Organic Lime Juice
RW Knudsen Juices (glass bottles):
- Just Grapefruit
- Organic Carrot Juice
- Organic Concord Grape
- Organic Just Prune Juice
Lakewood Juices (glass bottles):
- Organic Beet Carrot Orange
- Organic Mango Blend
- Organic Pure Beet
- Organic Pure Blood Orange
- Organic Pure Celery
- Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- Organic Pure Lime Juice
- Organic Pure Orange
- Pure Cranberry
Santa Cruz Juices (glass bottles)
- Organic Pure Lime Juice
- Organic Pure Lemon Juice
- C2O Coconut Water- With Pulp, Pineapple. Check labels. Occasionally, I'll find one with sugar added.
- Coconut Water: Sprouts 100% Coconut Water, VitaCoco brand (original flavor)
- Beet It Organic Beetroot Juice- Contains beet juice and apple juice
- Ginger People Ginger Soother Lemon and Honey Gingerade - Just contains Filtered water, honey, ginger juice, and lemon juice. Yum! I could almost see this being a really nice warm drink to sip at.
- Ginger People Ginger Soother Gingerade with Turmeric- **Note, this one is a reintro as it has black pepper
You'll notice several bacon brands in this section. For more info on AIP and which bacon brands are AIP compliant, check out my Guide to AIP/Paleo and Whole30 Bacon.
- Applegate Organic No-Sugar-Added Bacon- Ingredients: Organic Pork, Water, Sea Salt. Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Celery Powder.
- Pedersen's Uncured No-Sugar-Added Bacon- Ingredients: Pork, Water, Less Than 2% Of: Salt, Vinegar, Citrus Extracts, Pomegranate Extract, Rosemary Extract.
- Sprouts Uncured No Sugar Added Bacon
- The Butcher Shop Uncured Applewood Bacon- No Sugar Added
- Grass-Fed Beef Short Ribs
- Grass-Fed Organic Ground Beef
- Meyer Applewood No Sugar Added Smoked Uncured Bacon
- Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon
- Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Thighs
- Organic Free-Range Ground Turkey
- Organic Ground Chicken
- Organic Whole Chicken
- Thomas Farms Free-Range Lamb Chops
- Thomas Farms Free-Range Lamb Stew Meat
- Thomas Farms Free-Range Leg of Lamb
- Thomas Farms Free-Range Rack of Lamb
Dried Fruit/Sweet Snacks
- North Coast Organic Fruit and Veggie Applesauce Pouches
- Solely Fruit Snacks and Fruit Sticks
- Sprouts Applesauce Pouches
- Jacks Paleo Kitchen Cookies- Lemon Zing
- Bahri Dates- Sprouts Brand
- Halawi Dates- Sprouts brand
- Dates rolled in Coconut
- Medjool Dates- Joolies Organic, Natural Delights, Sprouts
- Deglet Dates- Sprouts brand
- Bare chips (apple, carrot, strawberry banana, etc)
- Bear Fruit Rolls- Raspberry, Mango, Strawberry
- Dried Peaches- Clear non-descript container. Basically packaged by Sprouts
- Dried Persimmons- Clear non-descript container. Basically packaged by Sprouts
- Dried Prunes- Made in Nature, Newman's Own (Organic)
- Dried Tart Apples- Clear non-descript container. Basically packaged by Sprouts
- Made in Nature Organic Sliced Mangos
- Made in Nature Unsulfered Organic Apricots
- Sprouts Organic Coconut Chips
- Sprouts Organic Raisins
- Stretch Islands Fruit Leather
- That's It Fruit Bars
- Turkish Figs- Bulk Section- contains just figs according to Sprouts website. Check labels at your store to be sure though.
- 4505 Chicharonnes Pork Rinds- Sea Salt flavor only (blue bag)
- Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips
- Barnana Plantain chips
- Chomps Beef Sticks
- Epic Beef Sticks
- Epic Chicken Crisps
- Epic Pork Rinds- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Jackson's Avocado Oil Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt
- Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt only
- Plantain Chips- Terra, Barnana
- Sea Snax Seaweed
- Terra Cassava Chips- Sea Salt Flavor- Black Bag with light blue stripe.
I hope you love this list! If you have items to add to it, please let me know. Leave a comment below!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @foodcourage for the latest AIP/Paleo recipes, autoimmune nutrition info, and Food Courage happenings!