AIP and Autoimmune Guides
Check out the categories below to explore resources and guides on the autoimmune protocol diet, Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism and autoimmune lifestyle topics.
AIP Online Grocery Shopping
- Fully Healthy- Wild Zora and ShopAIP have combined to form Fully Healthy which still offers tons of AIP pantry items sorted by elimination and reintroduction phases. It also offers healthy food items outside of AIP.
- Misfits Market- Organic produce, organic meats/poultry, pantry and deli items
- Thrive Market- Pantry items, household goods, meat/poultry/seafood
High Quality Meat and Seafood
For a big list of where to source high quality beef online check out my post on the Top Organic and Grass-Fed Beef Online Delivery Services.
- White Oak Pastures- 100% grass-fed beef, free-range chicken. Awesome resource for quality bones and organ meats. No subscription- buy a la carte.
- ButcherBox- Pasture-raised and organic meats and poultry, wild-caught seafood. Very flexible subscription options.
- Farm Foods Market- Grass-fed, responsibly raised animals, pastured heritage pork, pastured chicken, wild-caught seafood
- Crowd Cow- Choose from a variety of boxes. They offer 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and wild-caught seafood.
- US Wellness Meats- Order a la carte or sign up for a subscription. They offer grass-fed beef, lamb, and bison, soy-free pasture raised poultry, etc.
- Good Chop- Choose from a variety of subscription boxes. They offer 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised organic chicken, and wild-caught seafood.
- Vital Choice- These guys carry a huge variety of wild-caught seafood. Buy a la carte or choose a box subscription.
Specialty Snacks and Drinks
- Sweet Potato Awesome-Freeze dried sweet potato fries and chips. Use the code "foodcourage" to save 10%
- Sweet Apricity- AIP Caramels, Caramel Sauce, and Marshmallows
- Sip Herbals- AIP Coffee Substitutes and Coconut Creamer. Use the code "foodcourage" to save 10%
- Araza Beauty- Araza was the first makeup line in the world to become Paleo Certified. This means that their products are free from free from legumes, dairy, gluten, grains and anything artificial and harmful. Check out their amazing coconut cream foundation, Fruit + Citrus Infused Eyecolor, and mango cream color pots.
- Anne Marie Skincare- AnneMarie's products use organic wild crafted and sustainable ingredients. They have a MadeSafe certification which is a seal verifying that their products are made without toxic chemicals. They offer clean gluten-free skincare, anti-aging products, mineral makeup and more.
AIP Meal Planning
- Real Plans- Real Plans is a paid web and app-based meal planner that offers highly customizable AIP meal plans (and other diet-specific plans as well). Meal plans can be customized based on family size, dietary restrictions, and schedule. I wrote a detailed review of Real Plans if you're curious.
- Ultimate Meal Plans- Struggling with meal planning? Ultimate Meal Plans is another great meal planning service offering meal plans for the AIP, Paleo, Keto, and Carnivore diets among others.
AIP Meal Delivery
- Paleo on the Go- Choose from a huge variety of ready-made AIP meals delivered to your door. Check out their sugar-free bacon, bone-broth, and Mojo Chicken Empanadas and more.
- Pete's Real Food- I'm so excited to see another AIP meal delivery option! These guys offer meals catered to AIP, Paleo, Keto and Vegan diets. They even have kids meals. Check out their AIP Bundle, AIP friendly chicken or beef bone broth, or just mix and match whichever meals you want.
- The Paleo Mom
- Autoimmune Wellness
- A Squirrel in the Kitchen
- The Paleo Mom
- Autoimmune Wellness
- A Squirrel in the Kitchen
- Unbound Wellness
- Pheonix Helix
- Thriving on Paleo
- Gutsy By Nature
- Gutsy By Nature
- Bon AIPPetit
- Wend's AIP Kitchen
- Food By Mars
- Castaway Kitchen
- Thyroid Pharmacist
- Amy Meyers MD
- Kharrazian Resource Center (Dr. K News)
- Terry Wahls MD
AIP and Autoimmune Facebook Groups
- Autoimmune Protocol Support Facebook Group
- Hashimoto's, Thyroid, and Autoimmune Support Group
- AIP Elimination Diet Support Group (Autoimmune Protocol)
- Autoimmune Disease Support Group
- The Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Diet
- Autoimmune Protocol Diet in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Living With Hashimoto's Disease
- Hashimotos Thyroiditis & Autoimmune Support Group.
- Hashimoto's 411
- The Hashimoto's Solution Group
- Hashimoto's AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Recipes and Meal Prep
- Graves Disease Support Group
- Type 1 Diabetes Support and Information
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Group
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Autoimmune Disorders Support Group
- Psoriasis Support Group
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) warriors
- MS Support
- Fibro & Lupus Support Group
- Positive Fibromyalgia Support Group
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- IBS Support (Official)
- Gastritis, IBS, and Other Tummy Problems Support Group
- Addison's Disease Support and Self Help Group
- Sjogren's Support Group
- Myasthenia Gravis Support Group
- Phoenix Helix
- The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast
- The Autoimmune Hour
- Functionally Autoimmune
- Balanced Bites
Autoimmune Courses and Masterclasses
The Kharrazian Institute Courses
The Kharrazian Institute was developed as an educational institute focused on teaching clinical practice models to healthcare professionals that are interested in a nutrition, dietary, and lifestyle approaches to help improve the lives of patients suffering from chronic conditions. It is intended for practitioners but works for anyone wanting a detailed look at how to address autoimmune conditions. Go to the Kharrazian Institute
Hashimoto's Self-Management Program
This is a 12-week self-management, self-paced program for Hashimoto's patients. It walks patients through the steps to identify and address the various triggers of autoimmune thyroid disease and associated symptoms.
You can save $100 off the Hashimoto's Self-Management Program by using my affiliate discount link here.
Paleo Mom's Free Member's Area
Paleo Mom has a huge free member's area with over a dozen free e-books including both guides and cookbooks, several videos.
Paleo Mom's AIP Lecture Series
The AIP Lecture Series features 42 on-demand video lectures (totaling 16 hours!), all taught by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD. It includes:
- Printable Guides
- Action Steps to Apply What You've Learned
- Daily Self-Discovery Exercises
- An online forum to connect with Other Students and Ask Questions
- Guided Discussions in the Online Forum
- Weekly FAQ videos by Dr. Ballantyne, in the online forum
- Recommended reading for every topic
- Interactive quizzes to test your knowledge
- Support and guidance from Dr. Ballantyne herself
One on One AIP Coaching
The AIP Certified Coach Practitioner Training Program
Consider finding an AIP coach to help guide you through the AIP process and troubleshoot any speed bumps that come up.
The AIP Certified Coach Practitioner Training Program was developed by Sarah Ballantyne of Paleo Mom and Angie Alt and Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune Wellness.
The program was created as a way to train professionals already working in the healthcare and nutrition fields to integrate AIP into their practices.
Here is the practitioner directory if you are interested in searching for an AIP coach near you. Keep in mind, if you don't see a practitioner that is geographically near you, "virtual" is an option in the drop-down box. This way you can still potentially find someone to work with even if they're not local to you.
Books on Thyroid Disorders and Autoimmunity
- Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests are Normal, Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- Hashimoto's Protocol, Isabella Wentz
- Documentary: The Thyroid Secret
- The Autoimmune Solution, Amy Meyers
- The Wahls Protocol, Terry Wahls
- The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook, Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt
AIP Cookbooks and Guides
- The Alternative Autoimmune Cookbook by Angie Alt and Jenifer Beehler
- AIP Indian Fusion, Indira Pulliadath
- The Autoimmune Protocol, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne
- The Paleo Approach, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne
- A Simple Guide to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol, Eileen Laird
- The Hashimoto's AIP Cookbook, Emily Kyle, Chef Phil Kyle
- The Autoimmune Protocol Made Simple Cookbook, Sophie Van Tiggelen
- The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook, Mickey Trescott
- The Easy Autoimmune Protocol Cookbook, Karissa Long, Katie Austin
- The Nutrient Dense Kitchen, Mickey Trescott