Articles and Guides
Online AIP Food Shopping
ShopAIP is such a cool AIP resource because they literally only sell AIP compliant foods (they also sell personal care products). My favorite thing about their site is that they actually have the products organized by elimination and phases of reintroduction so you don’t have to spend so much time figuring out which foods are compliant with whatever phase you’re in. They ship products not only all over the US but also to Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
They’ve also got a rewards program that allows you to earn points towards discounts on future orders.
[AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
This company is a fantastic resource for convenient AIP-compliant shelf-stable foods. They have a section of their site dedicated just to AIP compliant products.
The soups are made from dehydrated meat and veggies so they are very lightweight. They’re awesome for a quick meal when you’re at work or camping or traveling or just don’t have time to cook.
The meat and veggie snack bars are perfect for a quick on-the-go snack. They also have a new line of grain-free hot cereals, which is super exciting.
Visit Wild Zora using this link to save 15%. [AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
AIP Meal Planning and Meal Delivery Options
What is Real Plans?
Real Plans is a paid web and app-based meal planner that offers highly customizable AIP meal plans (and other diet-specific plans as well). Their AIP menu offering alone contains over 200 different recipes. You can also add on hundreds of additional recipes from your favorite AIP/Paleo Bloggers like Autoimmune Wellness, Meatified, The Paleo Mom, and Nom Nom Paleo. Meal plans can be customized based on family size, dietary restrictions, and schedule.
How Does it Work?
Every week, Real Plans creates a personalized meal plan based on your family size, dietary restrictions, and preferred schedule.
Real Plans can select recipes for your weekly meal plan automatically, or you can select specifically which recipes you want. Real Plans uses a powerful search engine that lets you search recipes by diet type, ingredient, course, season, cuisine, prep time, total time, meal size, and even cost.
It comes out to only $6 a month when you sign up for an annual plan and it has a 10-day money-back guarantee if you want to check it out before fully committing.
[AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
What is Vital Choice?
Vital Choice is an online retailer selling high-quality wild-caught fish, grass-fed beef and bison, pasture-raised pork, bone broth, marine supplements, among many other things.
Here's What I Love About Them:
- Their foods are minimally processed
- Wild-Caught, Not Farmed
- The fish is free of the antibiotics, pesticides, and GMO feeds used on fish farms
- They only offer environmentally responsible seafood that is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) or deemed Best Choice or Good Alternative by Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch.
- Ingredients that are certified organic and Fair Trade Certified™ whenever possible.They only offer products that are naturally gluten-free, and most of our products contain little or no added salt.
A Few of My Products:
[AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
Here are a few reasons I think they’re awesome:
- They’re one of the few meal delivery services I’ve found with an actual AIP menu.
- They have a dedicated gluten-free commercial kitchen.
- Their meats are sourced from humanely raised, hormone and antibiotic-free animals.
- Their beef and lamb are grass-fed, grass-finished.
- They even have an AIP bakery section with a bunch of yummy items that are handy if you’re not into making them yourself…things like birthday cakes, tortillas, muffins, biscuits, pop tarts, etc.
If you are one of those that don’t necessarily love to cook or have the time to cook, the great thing about this service is that the meals are already done.
All you have to do is reheat and serve. If you decide to try it out, you can use the coupon code “foodcourage” at checkout to save $15.
[AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
EverlyWell empowers people to be proactive about their own health by giving them the tools to do credible lab tests at home. They have quite a few tests to choose from, many of which are perfect for thyroid and other autoimmune disorders.
Here are my favorites:
- Total Cholesterol
- Calculated LDL
HbA1C Test Kit (Blood Sugar)
- Urinary Creatinine
[AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
AIP and Autoimmune Support Groups
- Autoimmune Protocol Support Facebook Group
- Hashimoto's, Thyroid, and Autoimmune Support Group
- AIP Elimination Diet Support Group (Autoimmune Protocol)
- Autoimmune Disease Support Group
- Graves Disease Support Group
- Type 1 Diabetes Support and Information
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Group
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Autoimmune Disorders Support Group
- Psoriasis Support Group
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) warriors
- MS Support
- The Wahls Protocol
- Lupus Support Group
- Fibro & Lupus Support Group
- Positive Fibromyalgia Support Group
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- IBS Support (Official)
- Gastritis, IBS, and Other Tummy Problems Support Group
- Addison's Disease Support and Self Help Group
- Sjogren's Support Group
- Myasthenia Gravis Support Group
AIP and Autoimmune Support Groups By Location
Many of these are Facebook groups, while others are Meetup groups and groups created by an autoimmune association.
Tucson AIP Group (Meetup)
Phoenix Lupus Warriors (Meetup)
Berkeley Autoimmune Support Group (Meetup)
Chico AIP Group (Meetup)
Fresno Autoimmune Support Group (Meetup)
Irvine Autoimmune Support Group (MeetUp)
Boulder Primal Adventures Group (Meetup)
Oak Park Autoimmune Support Group (Meetup)
Brookly Autoimmune Support Group (Brooklyn)
NYC Autoimmune Support Group (Meetup)
Portland Fibro/Chronic Pain/Fatigue (Meetup)
Lewisville Autoimmune Support Group (Meetup)
Amarillo Healing Foods Group (Meetup)
Seattle Fibro and Chronic Pain (Meet Group)
Autoimmune Courses and Masterclasses
SAD to AIP in SIX is a six-week, online, group health coaching program that covers every detail of the diet and lifestyle changes needed. Each week is a gradual process of removing the bad and introducing the good. The program is lead by trained, certified coaches, who have used AIP themselves, and the cool thing is you do the program alongside others going through the same process with you.
The Kharrazian Institute was developed as an educational institute focused on teaching clinical practice models to healthcare professionals that are interested in a nutrition, dietary, and lifestyle approaches to help improve the lives of patients suffering from chronic conditions. It is intended for practitioners but works for anyone wanting a detailed look at how to address autoimmune conditions. Dr. Datis Kharrazian is a Harvard Medical School trained and award-winning clinical research scientist, academic professor, and world-renowned functional medicine health care provider. His books, lectures, and courses are packed with invaluable information.
Skillshare is a subscription-based platform that has more than 32,000 classes on hundreds of topics to include classes on various diets, meal planning, yoga, meditation, stress management, exercise (all different types), and cooking techniques. New customers can get started with a free trial to get unlimited access to the entire catalog with a Premium Membership. [AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]
Udemy is an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 150000 courses and 35 million students. This is another great place to find courses on pretty much every topic you can think of including topics related to autoimmune health.
They offer some free courses on various topics which you can browse here.
Below are a few of many interesting courses offered [AFFILIATE LINKS PRESENT]:
- Diploma in Gut Health
- Amazing Thyroid Benefits for Women in Menopause
- Secret prescription foods and supplements for GUT HEALTH
- The Gut Healing Series
- Meditation for Beginners: How to Meditate Deeply & Quickly
- Taoist Meditation Course & Guided Meditation
- Internationally Accredited Diploma in Yoga Training
- "Breath is Life" Pranayama & meditation course
- Stress Management: 40+ easy ways to deal with stress
- Fibromyalgia - 7 Day Challenge for Pain-Free Living & Health
- Does Copper Toxicity & Heavy Metals = Fibromyalgia
- Epstein-Barr Virus: Linked to Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia
- Natural Pain Relief
- Advanced Reflexology Certificate Course (3 CEU)
- Just Breathe 101 Essential Details for Breathing Management
- Fermented Foods Mastery
- The Stress Detox: Reduce Stress and Burnout In The Workplace
- Mood & Food: Dissolve severe stress, anxiety, and depression
This is a 12-week self-management, self-paced program for Hashimoto’s patients. It walks patients through the steps to identify and address the various triggers of autoimmune thyroid disease and associated symptoms. It is designed to empower patients with the strategies they need to start improving faster, be in charge of their own health, and be less dependent on health care providers.
The AIP Lecture Series features 42 on-demand video lectures (totaling 16 hours!), all taught by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD. It includes:
- Printable Guides
- Action Steps to Apply What You've Learned
- Daily Self-Discovery Exercises
- An online forum to connect with Other Students and Ask Questions
- Guided Discussions in the Online Forum
- Weekly FAQ videos by Dr. Ballantyne, in the online forum
- Recommended reading for every topic
- Interactive quizzes to test your knowledge
- Support and guidance from Dr. Ballantyne herself
One on One AIP Coaching
The AIP Certified Coach Practitioner Training Program
Consider finding an AIP coach to help guide you through the AIP process and troubleshoot any speed bumps that come up.
The AIP Certified Coach Practitioner Training Program was developed by Sarah Ballantyne of Paleo Mom and Angie Alt and Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune Wellness.
The program was created as a way to train professionals already working in the healthcare and nutrition fields to integrate AIP into their practices.
Here is the practitioner directory if you are interested in searching for an AIP coach near you. Keep in mind, if you don’t see a practitioner that is geographically near you, “virtual” is an option in the drop-down box. This way you can still potentially find someone to work with even if they’re not local to you.
Free AIP Meal Prep Ebook
When you subscribe to my email list, you'll get instant access to this AIP Meal Prep and Planning ebook. You can go HERE to do that or click the button below. The book includes practical tips for making your life on AIP easier, plus 6 easy and delicious recipes.