I love a good AIP salad dressing and this cherry balsamic dressing is my new favorite. It's so delicious and refreshing; it almost tastes like a catalina or french dressing. It only requires 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes to make. It is paleo/AIP and vegan.
This recipe came about because I was trying it out as a glaze for a meatloaf. I decided the flavors didn't quite mesh because of the herbs in the meatloaf. However, when my husband tried it, he immediately said it would be a perfect vinaigrette. Aside from salad, this would probably also be good on chicken.
Ingredients in This AIP Salad Dressing
- Frozen Dark Cherries- You can use fresh if you prefer but I think frozen are a little more convenient. These will need to be thawed either in the fridge or microwave.
- Balsamic Vinegar- Just a tiny bit is needed but it gives the dressing the perfect tang. If you can't use balsamic, you could probably just apple cider vinegar or lemon juice its place.
- Maple Syrup - Honey would probably be ok too.
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
**Just a quick heads up- this post contains affiliate links which means if you click on them and buy something, I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) to help continue maintaining this site.
How to Make Cherry Balsamic Salad Dressing
This stuff is very easy to make- just mix everything together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Store leftover dressing in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days. The pectin in the cherries does cause it to get a little thicker in the fridge but it can be thinned if needed with a little water or vinegar.
To Freeze: Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge when ready to use.
I hope you enjoy the recipe! If you tried it, please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @foodcourage for the latest AIP/Paleo recipes, autoimmune nutrition info, and Food Courage happenings!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
5 Ingredient Cherry Balsamic AIP Salad Dressing (AIP, Paleo, Vegan)
- Blender or food processor
- Combine the ingredients in a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth.